What can I do to get more (or better) quotes for my loan request ZR-ZBZCSVN

My wife and I have a combined yearly income of 85,000. In march of this year I have secured gainful employment for the first time in a couple of years. I had issues with my son and my mother that required my attention 24-7 and my mother is fine now and also my son has been fully diagnosted and on the proper medication and turned 18 in march. He no longer lives with us.
We would like to cashout some equity to:
Pay off all debt and taxes
Replace windows, insolate attic and replace a few appliances.
We would also like to have 5k in a savings account for home repair emergency purposes.
We paid 60 dollars a square foot ($124,000 for a 2,000 square foot house) in December of 2010. We put 50k down, Mortage was for 74,000 at 6.5% for 15 years.
House have been selling since we bouht ours for 75 per square foot and the one across the street went for 85 per sqaure foot last summer.
We need to lower the mortgage, make the house more efficent to lower the monthly utilities and pay off debt and taxes. Our credit is not good. My credit score in 2006 before I got custody of my son was 750 plus. Now, I do not know if I would even qualify to be on the mortgage. Her credit score is low, but she does and did pay her bills and we have never missed a mortgage payment. What are we to do?

• May 20 2012 - Chouteau
  • 0

Profile picture for JoshBarnettREIB
I was watching dateline or nightline a couple weeks ago and they had a report on Costco entering the Mortgage industry. You may want to look into this option, as when big box retailers begin offering products, the prices drop immediately due to the competitiveness of the their markets.

I googled Costco, went to their site and typed "mortgage loan" in Costco's search bar and was taken to their mortgage link.

Hope this helps,

Josh Barnett, Realtor

Profile picture for Ray Stevens
You can get cash out financing with a 620 score.  Your best source is your current lender and then I would try credit unions.  Good luck.