What can I do to get more (or better) quotes for my loan requestREQUEST_ID?

Had to sell last home on short sale 9/2010. How long do i need to wait for another loan?
  • April 03 2013 - Indianapolis
  • 0

As long as your wife wasn't on the mortgage that was sold short, she can be the borrower on a new home. Obviously, she'll need to have acceptable credit and income. Go for it!

Can my wife get a new mortgage in her name alone?  I do not plan on being on the loan because of My business failure as a result of construction decline put my business (me) in chapter 13 till about the same time we wait the  3 years.My wife has professional job with 52000.00 yearly income. With only one charge card and rent plus utilities. Do you have any advice about this? My wife getting loan only in her name? Thanks. don

3 years is the shortest wait period after a short sale with a small down payment This is with an FHA loan. Otherwise, you can look at a Conventional Fannie Mae after 2 years, but only if you have 20% down. The clock starts ticking from the date your property was deeded out of your name. Oh, and make sure you have re-established credit and the payment history is perfect.