Profile picture for Debgena

What can I do to improve credit score?

My credit was excellent prior to my separation from husband. All bills are in my name and now we are getting divorced he has been in arrears on all bills. What can I do? I will have close to $200,000.00 when all is said and done, plus whatever alimony, which will not be much. I am disabled but unable to collect any disability or any other form of state assistance.Thanks in advance

Deb Genatossio
  • August 20 2011 - Town of Salem

You are stuck even though you are not responsible for the debt your score will still be effected by his late payments. 

[Self-promotional context removed by Zillow Moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy]

Profile picture for jeanyh
Hi Debgena,

Here is a link from our website on how to improve your credit score.  Hope this information is helpful.

Jeany

are you trying to improve your credit because you are in the process of obtaining a loan and/or mortgage?

Contact a loan officer at one of your local banks for an appointment to discuss what you need to do to improve your credit.