Profile picture for Maynard M Soboleff

What can I do when I suspect a person or persons living in a home unlawfully?

I suspect somebody living in a house next door where I live. The person that inherited  the house now does not live around here...he lives out of state...so he is not around to monitor the house...It is NOT rented out to anyone and it is NOT for sale as there is no sign plainly posted. There are indications of somebody being inside the house foggy windows...noises from within the house...in the early morning hours..which have woken up one of my roommates. One of the main problems is there is no other visual confirmation yet..as we have not seen a person yet to confirm....outside of the noises and fogged up windows as it is the middle of winter here.
  • February 13 2013 - Aberdeen
  • 0

Profile picture for Maynard M Soboleff
thank you for your advice...it was helpful...the police have been called and a real estate agency has been notified....as I had found out that they are overseeing the house...and the house had been broken into..and the police have been making their presence known in our neighborhood more so due to myself and others efforts about helping to look out for our neighborhood

Can you call the police. If a real estate company has it listed call that company.

Profile picture for JoshBarnettREIB
Call the police.

Profile picture for Maynard M Soboleff
yeah it is causing a problem with me...as the noises are waking up my roommates...and it is a guy that much i do know...he has been bad mouthing me....my roommates...upon his own admittance...he stating that he has permission to live there..but there is no power...like there normally would be when a person is residing in a home...It has been stated that there is nobody supposed to be living the home at this time...due to the previous owner's are deceased and those family members do not live around here..and they are dealing with what goes with that..its just there has been no visual of the person that is stating that...because our windows are covered up from weatherizing our house...so we cant see out of our windows...I will be sure to make contact starting by passing a message to the owner....and i will make contact with the police here..thanks for your advice...as I am not familiar with how to deal with a situation like this....

Profile picture for Ray Akers
If you know the owner, I'm sure they would appreciate a call.  Otherwise, you could also call the police or sheriff.  Good luck.

Profile picture for daveskow

I would begin by letting the owner know your suspicsions .....

Is it causing you a problem?

You could contact the owner or contact the police with your suspicions.