What criteria are you using in the price estimation

What criteria have you used in the price estimation. My house of 2217 sqft estimated 163700 and neighbour house 2237 sqft estimated 210200. Why is such a big difference?

March 22 2012 - Frisco

You cannot go by Tax Appraisal value.  Have your Realtor do a CMA or Comparable Market Analysis.  This will look at homes that have sold in the last 3-6 months within your subdivision.  We also look at square footage, year of home built, upgrades in the homes any many more variables that we have access to.

If you are not already working with a Realtor, I would be glad to help you determine your home's value.

Are you asking this question because you are planning on selling your home soon?  If so, call/text/email me and I'll send you a snapshot market analysis of homes sold in your neighborhood.  When I do a CMA, I use square footage and year built.  Having a pool can make a difference too!

Best of luck to you!  Frisco is a great city.  If you are planning on selling soon, you won't have a problem.  Inventory is very low right now and there aare a lot of buyers. 

I thought that house location and sqftage should be criteria since other house features are not available (my house might have even more updates), otherwise what is the value of Zillow appraisal...

I appreciate your response.
The assessed value of the second house is less than $10k greater than mine. My purchase price was $185K (of course I don't know the purchase price of the other house) but difference in prices between the houses are very significant on Zillow.

Probably, your purchase price and the tax assessment are lower than your neighbor's, since Zillow uses those facts in their calculation.