Profile picture for Ald256

What do I do now that I have an offer?

I listed my house on Zillow yesterday and got an offer today. I have no realtor but would like to get someone to help me with the paperwork on a flat-rate basis. How do I find someone willing to do that for me?
Thanks, Al
  • July 21 2013 - Sun City Center
  • 0

I recommend that you contact an attorney to take care of the paperwork and hold the deposit funds. Hopefully the buyer will be ok with that.  
Is your buyer preapproved by a legitimae lender?
The reason why most people hire a real estate agent is because the negotiating usually goes fine in the beginning and then it can unravel very quickly after that! Hoping that this isn't the case for you. An "arms length" transaction is usually the best way to go.
Laura

Profile picture for Ald256
Thank you for your answers. I live in a 55+ commuinity in FL and I bought this half duplex very cheap and stripped it out, put in tile tile, kitchen & baths. However it cost me $5000 more than my original guess, so I'm making ~$2/hour I worked over the last 3 months. I priced it for top dollar based on past sales here in Sun City Center and got close to that. Then I posted it on Zillow on Sat and got an offer on Sun.
I've decided to see a lawyer here who specializes in RE.
Thanks, Al
P.S. Zillow.com is great!

You did great job without any experience. How good is the offer you received?  Sometimes, saving money cost you money. We are in sellers market, inventory is very low, you should get realtor involved and sleep free.99.9% sellers are hiring real estate agent for that same reason.
Best of luck to get top dollar!

A local real estate attorney should be able to assist.   I would recommend requesting from the buyer a preapproval letter for financing, or proof of funds if it is a cash purchase, just so you're not wasting your time.

Congratulations and good luck!

Is this a person who has seen your home and has presented a written purchase offer?    Or, is it an E-mail saying they'll send money for a down payment?

Profile picture for Outer Banks N C
It might help to actually tell us where you are.

Or just call a lawyer.