What do I have to pay when selling my home could you break it down for me

December 02 2013 - Saint Petersburg

As stated by several people below there are a number of factors that could effect your fees. The best thing to do is to sit with a Realtor will help you figure out what to expect your fees to be and run through the different factors.  No two transactions are alike.

I suggest that you contact a few listing agents and they will be able to provide you with the information you need.

Dear soon to be seller:  Depending on your time of year selling several things are to be considered in your net.

All Realtors should be able to provide this information to you at your appointment to meet them.  When I read the responses from other agents here, I am seeing one thing that a seller needs to be aware of that is not mentioned.
This is the inspection that a buyer will have on your home.  Usual items that come up in inspection are the responsibility of the seller to fix, IF YOU AGREE TO.  Things like gutter issues, water damage, roof life, and furnace repairs are some of the most common.

Your title company fees may be negotiated now in our 2014 contracts.  The Buyer can choose the title company and you may negotiate in the offer whether or not you provide the title fees.  This can save you well into a thousand dollars!  I hope this information is helpful to you, I'm certain you'll have a great experience as your asking really good questions up front!

You will pay a commission which is a percentage of what the house sells for.
Pro-rated taxes for your portion of the year that you owned the home,
Often the Seller pays a portion of title related fees for the buyer. 
The estimate is 8% of sales price.

Call me 
817-946-0336 

Jonathan Cook
Keller Williams Realty

It all depends on your state and customary cost and of course what you have negotiated in your contract. 

Regular expense that you could pay is brokerage fees, mortgage satisfaction and recording fees and same FHA fees which can not be covered by the buyer if you sell to an FHA buyer.

Depending on your county and customary contracts some option are as to title search, lien letter, WDO inspection, owners or mortgage title insurance. Speak to a local real estate professional he could give you a seller net sheet whit the cost and the proceeds you would receive from the sale.

Annett T. Block
[deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

Hi there - I'll give you a general breakdown but as someone else said every situation is a bit different.  

Typically if you hire a Realtor, you will pay a commission which is a percentage of what the house sells for.  Every brokerage/agent has a different commission amount.  Also you'll pay pro-rated taxes for your portion of the year that you owned the home, as well as often the Seller pays a portion of title related fees for the buyer (Owner's Title Policy, maybe a lien search fee).  Sometimes Buyers will also ask a Seller to pay for a portion of their closing costs (but typically they make up for it by coming in with a strong offer.)  When I meet with potential sellers, I usually prepare a Seller's Net Sheet for them based on the price we agree to list the house for so they can see what their net proceeds will be after they pay off any existing mortgage.  If you'd like, I can prepare one for you, just drop me a line.

Liane Jamason, REALTOR
[Promotion and contact information removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines.]

There are too many variables and we don't know the specifics. Contact a Realtor or mortgage broker who can ask questions about your situation and answer the question for you. We would just be guessing. Basically the loan is paid off and commissions, if you have a Realtor, and any taxes are prorated and any transfer fees that are due. You will pay your closing costs to the company or lawyer closing it for your side.