What do I need to do if I feel the Zestimate for my house is incorrect?

I am a home owner trying to sell a very nice house. My house is listed at 276,000. (Below what it should be listed) Zillow is showing a Zestimate of 215,000. I am very concerned this is negatively effecting the sale of my home. My home is extremely above average. The floor plan is outstanding, granite, hardwood, jacuzzi, various ceiling heights, alarm system, custom everything!, immaculate, 3000 + square feet, in a beautiful setting with a fabulous view. The Zestimate of 215,000. is killing me. What can be done about this?  

Thank you
  • September 26 2013 - Gore
  • 0

Here is what I have found to be beneficial.

I do 3 comps within a 2 mile radius and get the average.

then I compare that to the County auditors market value
and I Plus that 15% and that comes really close to marketing price.

Profile picture for JoshBarnettREIB
Claim your home and and update any features that are needed to be updated. 

This may help, if it does not, ensure the homes around your house sell for higher values and this will raise the market.  

Best of Luck. 

I feel your pain. I have found out, if Zillow comes up during a sale, Its over most of the time.
If a real estate person says Zillow in a positive statement I fire them on the spot period. The end. I good real estate person will not even be here.