What do you consider to be the # 1 thing you do every day?

• October 29 2013 - US
  • 0

The One Thing I do everyday........
For personal development; Pray/meditate, read "The One Thing" (among others) 30-45 minutes
For Work; Lead Generate 2-3 hours
For Family; Quality time 3-4 hours
For Me; family, friends and recreation time

Profile picture for cbakerian

Stay organized and focused!  Always make the day as productive as possible, even the smallest things count in our profession.  Stay on top of your current transactions, watch dates and most of all enjoy what you do!  Best, Carla

I agree with Kevin that time management is critical: as our industry becomes more and more complex, there's an ever increasing number of tasks constantly presenting themselves to us. We have to prioritize, we have to manage.

But more important than this is the time I spend centering myself at the beginning of a day, usually with some kind of prayer and meditation. When I do this, I am acknowledging that ultimately, I am not in charge and that there is a power greater than myself, which is an important thing for me to remind myself of constantly.

It's so easy for me to be tenacious long after I should have let go, to become self centered despite the number of people I can help, to become despondent when something doesn't work or over self congratulatory when it does! 

The quiet, reflective time in the morning restores my sense of balance and I usually have a more productive day when I remember to do it.

Great, thought provoking topic -- thank you Margaret & Linda!

I am a firm believer in time management in my personal life and my professional life. There is so much to do in a day that we never have enough time. I think the #1 thing I do for each day starts the night before. I make a simple goal list (derived from my long term goals) of everything I want to accomplish beginning when I wake up.

Ever tried to be somewhere on time and your late because you didn't lay out/clean/iron your clothes the night before? The same thing happens to your time when you don't "get it ready" the night before.

This is my #1

Kevin Hudson
www.buildingscienceinspection.com

Welcome to Zillow Advice, Margaret & Linda. There are regular posters here who are not agents, and they post regularly and often regardless of the subject.

Thank you for leading off with a good solid question. Hope to see more of your postings here on Zillow!

Profile picture for Dunes ..
;)

@Dunes...

At least, you've still got the sequence correct.  ;-)

Profile picture for Dunes ..

I'm old so I get out of bed, go to the bathroom and do #1.

Checking the MLS. 

Coffee, coffee and then... more coffee.
-Joseph-

Make Time For Family, simple!  In regards to work...contacts!

I try to maximize the quality of the time I get to spend with my children to have a positive impact on their day and their lives.

Profile picture for Blue Nile
#1 - breathe
#2 - sleep
#3 - eat
#4 - remove wastes
#5 - sing
#6 - pray

anything else is a "bonus".

get out of bed!