What do you do when the Negotiator for your Short Sale will not repsond to any communication

January 22 2012 - Bentonville

Short sales are mostly a waste of time and energy on everyone's part.  Banks are not responsive.  

The short sale is a dreadful process when first starting out. As I do more and more of them I ALWAYS collect all the names and contact info for everyone I work with. This way when you have a future issue with the same back you can call another contact you worked successfully with in the past and simply ask for their help. This has never failed me!

Thanks for the advice. Negotiators sometimes march to the beat of a different and annoying drum.

Good morning Gavin, yes, unfortunately, that can be an all to common problem. What I do after I"ve learned the pitfalls of Short Sales after many years of doing them, that you simply climb the ladder; you find out who the manager is of the negotiator and contact them and continue up if you're not receiving any help. Good luck 

Gavin, The last short sale that I was successful in getting to the closing table took about 7 months to get there. Not knowing who you are dealing with as far as who the negotiator is working for kind of limits what I can recommend. If you are working on the equator reo system then I can recommend calling the mortgage company directly asking for the short sales department. I'm currently assisting a colleague with a short sale listing & we have been tripped up by simple things that were not clearly explained to her. Have had the best luck contacting lender directly & getting the answers she needed. If I can be of assistance - feel free to contact me & I'll be happy to try & help. Your frustration with a negotiator is something I can totally empathize with. Best of luck - short sales are a true test of persistence & patience. Julann Carney

1. 11751 Peach Orchard Rd, Bentonville, AR Home For Sale
    11751 Peach Orchard Rd, Bentonville, AR 72712

2. 3303 Red Fox Rdg, Bentonville, AR Home For Sale
    3303 Red Fox Rdg, Bentonville, AR 72712

3. 3161 Oak Tree Dr, Centerton, AR Home For Sale
    3161 Oak Tree Dr, Centerton, AR 72719