What do you most want to see in an agents website?

Pictures of homes can take a while to load...is it worth it?  Do you like virtual tours to display and neighborhood information with statistics?

December 26 2008 - College Station

Profile picture for JKuhney
As someone who visits a LOT of agents' Web sites there are a couple of things that will turn me off to them in less than two minutes:
-Cluttered layout. If the Web site looks poorly designed, I start to wonder about the agent and how badly he or she wants my business. Having a good layout is just as (if not more) important than wearing nice clothes. It's a first impression and the better it looks the more likely I as a consumer will think you want my business.

-Photos are key. I'm a yuppie by all technical definitions of the word. I'm married, work 60 hours a week and spend every minute I can with my friends. I don't want to waste my time visiting a property if I don't see a reason to online. Just going through a few properties here on Zillow, I can tell there are a bunch of properties in my price range in neighborhoods I'm interested in, but because of the interior layout or outside look of the house, I know it won't work for me. For example, I don't want a crazy fixer-upper no matter how good the deal is. You can definitely tell when a home is by the photos. I'm more likely to take a chance on a home with even halfway decent pictures. Moral of the story: The more photos the better. Virtual tours are a plus too. I still don't understand why more agents aren't doing video.

-Ultimately, your Web site needs to make an agent look intelligent, knowledgeable and accessible. That means prominently displayed phone numbers and email addresses, NO spelling or grammar errors and some way of showing you know a lot about various areas and properties.

Hopefully that helps!

Profile picture for CubsfaninWA

Some things I like about certain websites or wished they had:

1)  Search Capabilities:  I’ve been on a couple websites where you can not search for listings, no kidding!  You had to go through every listing that agent had just to find the house I was looking for.  I prefer to be able search both MLS, address, criteria, or off the a map, it all depends on what I am looking for about a specific property or if I’m looking to see what is in a neighborhood that is on sale.

2)  Photos:  This is an absolute MUST!  It does me no good for an agent to describe what the place looks like.  The old saying is even more true for me “A picture is worth a thousand words.” More pictures the better!

3)  Floor Plan diagram:  I don’t how many times I wished I could see a houses floor plan, you blue-print ones that you get when look at the new houses type.  I want some idea on how the floor plan is laid out.  I think if an agent took the time and had the abilities to make a floor plan lay-out of a house I think they would give the buyer a better understand of a place.

4) Sale type:  I really like how some websites give you the ability to search for specific type of sales: Short Sale, foreclosure or a regular FSBO. With Short sales not working to well with banks right now and having to reference county assessor’s website to guess if something is a short sale, I just prefer not to even bother with them.

My two cents

Profile picture for jamhie
Pictures, lots of pictures.

we all have dsl or cable internet.

even 30 pictures only take few seconds to load.

Profile picture for evanadch
current rates

Profile picture for evanadch
Latest reply by evanadch

1. 4407 Carter Creek Pkwy APT 9, Bryan, TX Home For Sale
    4407 Carter Creek Pkwy APT 9, Bryan, TX 77802

2. 2708 Teakwood Ct, College Station, TX Home For Sale
    2708 Teakwood Ct, College Station, TX 77845

3. 0 Rock Prairie Rd, College Station, TX Home For Sale
    0 Rock Prairie Rd, College Station, TX 77845