Profile picture for bobscoggin

What does the market look like in Cheyenne Wyoming at this time. Is it still declining?

• February 28 2011 - Cheyenne
  • 0

Profile picture for Jessica Hocker
Bob,

It really depends on what part of the Real Estate Market you're looking at. Buying? Selling? Renting? I honestly can't tell you exact market statistics being that I am from Laramie, but a bunch of little birdies have been telling me there is going to be an oil boom in Cheyenne. I know commerical properties have started moving over there being bought up by oil companies. Last summer... August I believe the BLM did a lease auction and there are NO more leases to be bought in the area. One lease deal was actually a Wyoming record for the most paid for per acre for a lease!! So like I said I am not sure exactly what the market is looking like right now, but it looks great for the future! If you have the money I would serious think about investing. If you want more specific numbers I would be happy to help. My email is [contact info removed by moderator]

Hope that helped! :)

Jessica Hocker
RE/MAX Quality Real Estate
Laramie, WY 82070
[contact info removed by moderator]

You can see for yourself by going here.
http://www.zillow.com/local-info/WY-Cheyenne/r_44571/

Then you click on the "see more cheyenne market stats" in it to go to
http://www.zillow.com/local-info/WY-Cheyenne-home-value/r_44571/

On the left column you will see a list of items. Click on more metrics. You can hen see several statistics for yourself.

Bob - It looks like the home prices are averaging $108 per sq ft which represents a 15.6% decrease over the same time last year and the number of homes decreased by about 14%