Profile picture for pappnase91

What happened to the maps with home value estimates?

It feels like there has been a change to the zillow website.   I remember  you used to be able to enter any home address (whether it was on the market or not and get a Zestimate for it.    You could also see a map of the entire street with Zestimates for each house.   What happened?
  • September 17 2010 - Saint Paul
  • 0

I am having the same trouble with "absent" home values when I use my iPad. On my laptop, I noticed there are several blue circular buttons on the map view: +, -, a building icon (for school info), and "map". The "map" button has a drop down. It is there one is able to choose "aerial" view to zoom in and get all home values. Hope that helps those who are having trouble. (I haven't downloaded the Zillow app to my iPad to see if that addresses the lack of home values.)
  • 4 days ago

Ooops, Blue Nile is correct.  Here's the zoomed.

• July 25

Profile picture for Blue Nile
It appears that Wetdawgs accidentally posted the "same image" twice... I hope he notices and posts the zoomed in image as well, as I'm running an older browser that doesn't support Cascading Style Sheets Level-3, and cannot see the map that most people see.  I'm getting the view more designed for screen-readers for the blind.  (The view I get is "by choice"... I have some "problems" with the newer browsers... it is "my problem", not Zillow's).
  • July 25

dwpworldwide:

All the Zestimates are on the map still in most locations.   Nothing has changed.   You may need to zoom in to see it because without zooming you only see properties that are active listings.   While I tend to put in an address to get me to a neighborhood, you can also scroll around on the map.   See below for the "no zoom" and the "zoom" map views of one town.

Zoomed:

Your post is pretty harsh, because the functionality has never gone away and the answer has been in this post for a couple of years.   Your post comments more about you than Zillow.
  • July 25

Profile picture for dwpworldwide
The website and the app needs to be put back. The value of zillow has been lost. I don't want to put in an address to view the value of a specific property. I want an overlay map that shows the values of all homes in an area/street/road. Did a non-thinking person decide to make these changes to the functionality and remove value of using Zillow? Put it back to useful mode instead of lame mode please! How many people need to ask for the same thing to be fixed before you figure out it was a useful functionality to have?
  • July 25

Profile picture for frankporto4
I can't make the interactive map with all the home prices work anymore. Why do some web managers screw up a good thing? What a disappointment!

@tjtickell:  the Zestimates of most homes are still on the map, if one zooms in sufficiently.   If all you see is prices of houses for sale or rentals, zoom in.

Profile picture for tjtickell
New zillow format of little to no value to home buyers such as us - living in ct looking for a home in one section of AZ. Being able to follow map was of great value - now any site is similar. Tickell - ct

Zoom in on the map and you'll find the Zestimates on all the homes.   If not Zoomed in, you'll see only for sale, for rent or recently sold (depending on your search criteria).

Zillow not working the same anymore. Value of Zillow was that it could give you value of homes in neighborhood wether listed for sale or not. 

What happened??

Profile picture for kburkirish
Was wondering the same thing. I don't like the. Homes List ,I prefer the map view.

Profile picture for Erich Young
It still works like that. Just go to the homes tab at the top and enter an address...