What happened to the notes?

I was able to add my own private notes to houses I liked earlier yesterday. Last night, we looked at several other houses and I went to add notes and the option is gone. What happened? I can add notes from my iPad but, the option isn't there anymore on my desktop. It is much easier to type the notes on my computer and have them accessible on my iPad when we are out with agent. Please bring back this functionality.

July 19 2012 - Memphis

Still broken birds eye view direction selection....  still no updates when it will be fixed...

It isn't hard to fix... just copy the code used on the prior version of the home details page.

Either they "forgot" or they decided it wasn't important enough to fix?

Apparently they rather loose those page views and have them go to Bing instead?

South, east, and west Birds eye views are still not working, nor the ability to turn off street names on the birds eye views.  Nor the ability to see the aerial view at closer zoom under the birds eye view provision.

If you clear your cache in your browser and refresh a few times, that should get the "my notes" section up and running.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Profile picture for madrabbit
@ Ice L: Chrome Version 20.0.1132.57 & Safari Version 5.1.7 (7534.57.2)

As of 22 July, both continue to exhibit the same behavior. Old notes are readable (to a limited character count) on the summary of My Favourites. No functionality to see, edit or add a new note, on either Chrome or Safari, once I click on a property to see details.

Profile picture for Megabyte2
I was using Chrome. So I started using Firefox because that at least showed my notes but the maps were still not working properly.  Now neither one of the work.

We're working on fixing this. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

I see the "save" notes is back on my version of FireFox too.  I did reset my cookies though.  but then, it still didn't have it when I checked earlier.

SO, it still can be a "cookie" issue for running different test versions of the home details page layout.  Each browser stores their cookies individually.  They don't cross over between the browsers.  So it might be worth clearing some cookies.

I still say Zillow programmers broke it, and thus the programmers need to fix it.

To further muddy the issue, I downloaded the newest version of Firefox - 14.0.1 and it works (at least for now). When I bring up a property, the Save button has a drop down that allows adding or editing a note. On IE and Chrome, the same button has no drop-down - just save button with a heart icon to the left of it.

By the way, the options for the birds eye views also disappeared with the home details page format change.  Apparently some people were getting this change as a "test" earlier as there have been several questions about the lack of ability to change to one of the other 3 birds eye view directions.

And this is not the first time the question about the notes for "saved" homes disappearing occurred either, so apparently the others that reported the issue last week and the week before were getting "test" copies of the page change layout also.

(It doesn't do much good to test a page change layout if one doesn't pay attention to the feedback provided by those that get those tests).

They are gone for me today too; Firefox 3.6 browser on windows XP.

They were there yesterday or the day before.  The change seems to have occurred at the same time the buttons and images for Google street views and Bing Birds eye views were moved from the map at the bottom of the page, to above the main photo at the top of the page. (Yesterday).

It was a definite change of the home details page layout and function.  It is not a browser issue.

Ice L.,

I normally use Chrome (version 20.0.1132.57) but, I have also tried it on Internet Explorer v9 (9.0.8112.16421). The functionality is gone on both browsers.

Hi All -

Can you please let me know what internet browser you are using when you noticed that this feature is gone?

Hope to hear from you.

Ice

Profile picture for matchless3018
The same thing happened to me. I was able to add notes yesterday but that function was not there last night nor this morning. Please fix!