Profile picture for SafetyInNumbers

What happened to your New Orleans data? My Zestimate is gone & values are wrong!

My property's Zestimate is now entirely gone, and the assessed value you are using for my home is incorrect also.  What happened to something that was once so fun and accurate?
  • March 18 2010 - Garden District
  • 0

Zestimate works in areas with 1000 of the same type houses...like surburbia America..not in metro areas like New Orleans...we have too many vairations and permutations of 200 years of housing stock..and computers cannot figure out between a Victorian from a slab on grade, to a double or a triplex..the numbers get confusing when a computer based on data from other places tries to dollar average in New Orleans.

This goes with the theory..what is the average price of an average house in New Orleans?  How does one average New Orleans East to a 200 hy old Center Hall cottage in midcity to a 100 yr old Victorian Uptown?  You can't, so I would advise find an experienced Realtor to help you.