Profile picture for princessnilda

What if I have bad credit? How can I fix it so that I can purchase this home

• December 05 2010 - Staten Island
  • 0

Talk to a lender before you do anything. They can look at your situation and give you step by step advise. Your credit might not be as bad as you think.

Do not do it on your own. Some things you think would help could actually hurt your fico score. if it was me I would contact a local lender (bank, credit union, mortgage lender) and ask if they have someone who specializes in credit repair. Often they will and they can give you the right ideas to follow.

One bad idea normally is to consolidate your bills. It may help you to pay down debt but if anything makes your credit score worse.