What information should I provide to the HOA?

If I was approved by the owner can the HOA deny me? I'm 28 when I was 18 I did something extrremely stupid, and was taking down for questioning by the cops. 10 Years ago, I hear the HOa is strict when it comes to criminal record, I'm not a criminal, but I was wondering will they hold that against me, and should I just volunteer that 10 year old information to them? Since then I have had great job, nothing ever showed up and other apartments (which dont have an HOA) approved me no problem. What should I do?

October 11 2012 - Metro West

It is definitely a good idea to pull your own criminal record to see if there is an actual record, and if so, to know how it reads. Hoa's do have guide lines on their approval process, but it's been my experience when there is a very old record, or inaccurate reporting on your record, you can ask the Hoa board to review the decision after submitting your statement of explanation along with supporting documents.

Nick Russo

Perhaps you need to pull your "criminal record" so you know exactly what is available to the public.   You don't have to tell anyone any more or less than is shown in the public portion of the record.

NO i was not convicted, I was young all I remember is I recieved adjudication withheld.

What information should they provide?  Exactly what they request.  Not more.  Not less.

If you were "taken in for questioning" were you convicted? .  If you were convicted and it is on your record and they request the same, then yes do mention it.