Profile picture for MirandaMarroquin

What is a good bank to get a home loan from for a first time buyers in Jacksonville?

Trying to purchase our first home and needing some help on where to get a loan from? (Bank?)
  • April 11 2013 - Julington Creek
  • 0

I recommend speaking to Eric Hall with Atlantic Trust Mortgage about getting pre-approved. You can reach Eric at 904-386-1767 or ehall@atlantictrustmortgage.com .
Best of Luck,
Paige Wajsman
904-476-4120
  • August 12

Profile picture for myazgi
many banks give you different offers; however, Watson Mortgage is in the top 20 of lenders. They have great people that work with you and customer service is their number one goal. 

If you want i can connect you to the mortgage broker at my office.
  • July 29

Profile picture for Mike Teller
In my opinion, you should start with the bank you have the longest and best relationship with. If you would prefer to go another route, I would recommend a credit union. Credit unions generally can offer incentives and benefits to buyers, such as covering closing costs. Additionally, credit unions generally do all of their underwritting in house. This means all the parties involved in the decision making process will be local, allowing for much more efficiency.  
  • July 18

I agree with Robert...the person you are dealing with is much more important than the Bank they represent.

It also depends on the type of financing you are looking for. I would be happy to make a referral if you want. Just shoot me an email with what you are looking for (type of financing - VA, FHA, Conventional, etc.) Also, are you looking for down payment assistance?

• January 09

It is not so much the bank as it is the individual you are dealing with. You can go to the best banks, but get the least experienced rep and then you are in trouble. My suggestion is to ask some of your friends/family for recommendations or shop through Zillow to find someone you think is reputable. It is important you work with an experienced person who knows their stuff and can give you the best loan to fit your particular situation. No two clients are the same so it is important they analyze you and your situation. I am in Tampa, but can do everything we need to do over the phone/email or FedEx should we need to (at my expense).
  • January 04

It depends on what kind of loan you're trying to get. There are a lot of different loan products out there. Do you mean $0 down or are you rate shopping. If you want to shoot me an email, I can refer you to the right people based on your situation.

The Mortgage Firm, Inc.

Profile picture for Jeanie Houle
There are many first time home buyer programs available, however not all banks/mortgage brokers are permitted to do them. Please contact me and I will provide you a name and number that I send all of my first time home buyers to.