Profile picture for businesswise21

What is a listing titled, "Make me move." Is it a rental, home for sale...?

• June 26 2014 - Louisville
  • 0

Both great answers by my colleagues! 

Yet in some cases, they are just folks who are considering a move, but not really ready to move yet. They are putting the "feelers" out into the market to see what happens!

I've worked with a few, and some became listings close to their price, so they are not all off the target. 

In the end, the "market" decides what sells, that is with really super marketing which is what I can give them! : )

Have a good day!

Michael Thacker
Realtor
[Hotlink removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for information.]

Everything is for sale at the "right price". This is the owner's "right price". They figure if they can make that much on selling their property they will go to the trouble of moving, etc. Be sure to do your homework and look at the Zestimate, tax value, etc. A local agent could also do a CMA (Competitive Market Analysis) to see what the house might be worth. Also, do a reverse search. If you are willing to pay that much money for that property, see if that same amount, or less, will get you a bigger, newer property maybe with more features. Good luck.

Typically these are homeowner's who are stating that they would be willing to sell IF they could get the price they are noting on Zillow. These are not listed with an agent for sale, but are prices that an owner is stating they would accept if someone who offer them that amount.  In other words, "If you pay me $xxx,xxx, I would sell my home to you."