Profile picture for Eldee Seattle

What is a typical commission split for a listing coordinator working under a broker?

I'm studying to get a real estate license with the goal of becoming a listing coordinator. But I'm starting to worry whether I can earn even a modest living at it given the magnitude of the pre-tax expenses (i.e., agency commission and self-employment taxes).

I think I should be negotiating 0.2%, based on the median home price for King County and 8-10 sales/month. Does that sound too high or too low?
  • September 13 2013 - Seattle
  • 0

Profile picture for AdrianChu
Hey Eldee,

Just wanted to check in on how things are going with your path into real estate.  I have not worked as a listing coordinator before, but have been working in the real estate brokerage industry since 2010.  

Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

A quick search for job position announcements suggest that one does not need a license for listing coordinator, and compensation is less than you proposing (either a flat fee per listing, or an annual salary).

I thought this active rain blog post was thought provoking.

I would guess that spending some time chatting with real live listing coordinators would give you some excellent insight as to whether or not this was a good much for your aspirations.

Profile picture for Eldee Seattle
No limitation intended. But I'm a total newbie in the real estate biz!

Listing coordinator is a good match for my prior experience as a professional services marketer. Having a license will increase my salability while I'm building a reputation and industry stature. It will also, I hope, allow me to negotiate higher compensation. It would really help to know where to set the bar, compensation-wise.

May I ask why you'd get the license to limit yourself to a listing coordinator position?