What is the #1 creative advertising idea from you market area?

• November 12 2011 - Boston
  • 0

Thanks the TV ad sounds good and the agent must be doing well to afford TV ads,

Creative marketing ideas was what I was looking for so thanks!

Up here there is a tv commercial that is creative. You see a snowbank (it is winter after all) you hear the crunching of snow under some feet. After awhile a man shows up. He puts a sold sign on a for sale sign and then says "who's next?". Then more snow crunching as he walks away.

I am not sure it is effective. I am not sure it is helping at all. I am sure it is a very creative and different approach.

Profile picture for Caveat Emptor
unless you put a disclaimer on the flyer, its not "opt in." calling somebodies cell-phone for solicitation is actually illegal, especially if their name and number appears on the DNC registry.

If I don't fill out a form that includes my cellphone as a contact number, you can't use it for solicitation of property. your intrusion into my privacy doesn't count as "permission" to make contact.

I forgot to mention, these posts are searchable by google aswell. feel free to spin it that way if you want, but "lead capture" isn't about selling property, its about marketing your services. the truth is that buyers who don't want to initiate a dialogue aren't timid, they are "future clients" who really don't want to be pushed around. you'll probably scare off the people who are actually interested in buying a house. especially if you are catching them off-guard.

if you routinely put a disclaimer on your flyers, I withdraw my complaint.

I have come to realize that when a buyer requests anykind of info, its basically permission to start a dialog. Some times buyers dont know they are buyers yet, and sometime they dont feel comfortable initiating the dialog. when the lead capture is opt in, they can opt out any time. and Yes I hope potential home sellers know that I will do my darnest to sell their property, and yes, even follow up. home sellers want every lead to be considered and followed up on. They want buyers competing for the previlage of buying their home. the opt in lead capture systems out there help agent accomplish just that. at least that's my opinion. happy capturig. :)

I don't know, CRA, I bet sellers like the idea that Jay & Michelle Macklin actually try to talk to people interested in their home.

Dear Home Seller,

Here are two ways I can market your home. We can respect the privacy of people driving by your home by putting brochures out in the box for them to take at their leisure, or they can click on a QR code or call me for information and I can follow up on them to try and sell them on your home.

I just have this feeling that home sellers would prefer the latter.

Robert -

I like your idea!  It would have been nice to see it back in November when you started the thread.  Even though I keep multiple Thomas Brothers in the cars, I'm always looking for good local maps, especially in areas I haven't been in much.

And I can't imagine any driver not appreciating a gift of gasoline or an oil change!

It sounds like a great partnership to me.

I wasn't sure what you originally meant by "#1 creative advertising idea" when you originally posted it... I thought you implied "most used", or perhaps "most creative", or maybe "most effective".  Anyway, I have no idea on the answer to any of those 3 questions for my area.

Profile picture for Caveat Emptor
yeah, what kind of an idiot ever thought up "giving away" such precious information as the price and sq footage of a home to a consumer without a lead capture element. never land a whale if you dont go fishing, eh Jay Macklin, Michelle Macklin, Jay & Michell Macklin, and Chuy Guerra?

Just so you know, if anyone looking for an agent comes here and searches for you, I just made it a little easier for them to find out what you really think. enjoy your consumer trapping, privicy invading, client beligerating ways.

QR codes are useless unless they have a lead capture element in them. It's like having flyers on a for sale sign post with all the info on it? Who ever thought that was a good idea? You absolutely need lead capture whether it's a squeeze page- micro site for specific target marketing or an 800 number on your for sale sign (which BTW increased sign calls by 60%).

Try this...

I have relationship with local gas station, I have city maps at all gas pumps free and I am branded on them with my office location on the map.

I give buyer clients a free gas card as closing gift and he give a free oil cchange, we both get more business.

Two way street now, get it, just was trying to get my Zillow All star back!

Now post some real ideas not main stream newletter ideas!

I agree with sunnyview, one way streets are not good. the QR codes do not get you a cell # to follow up on. I use iZigg. The potential customer gets "price, pics and info" i get a cell # to follow up with. awesome.

How did the Zillow incentives work for you? I had seen them and they seemed to be a good way to drive traffic. Did you find a buyer that way?

Profile picture for Gabriel Ochoa
Zillow incentives helped us in a couple of listings. 

We are still seeing virtual tours bringing many hits to listings. We are for sure using QR codes but the virtual tour is still bringing activity to homes.

I agree with Christine, QR codes are fun.

qr codes

One way streets are not good business RB.

Share yours, and you might find more input.

The link provided here suggests some ways to use Zillow advice to enhance your reputation in a positive manner.