What is the Quality of KB homes Compared to Pulte or Richmond American

Do they have any completes against them.

May 07 2012 - Vail

Even new homes need to be inspected by qualified professional certified home inspectors. Whatever new home you purchase, upon completion you should have a certified home inspector do a complete inspection. They can catch problems that are not visually apparent.

March 13
I don't know how the quality compares but I currently live in a KB Home and I have nothing but bad things to say about it. Where do I start....my balcony is literally falling down and has been tagged by the county as UNSAFE to use, I have upwards of 100% moisture in my walls and 3 types of molds from the water intrusion, KB ignored my warranty claims, missed apointments, and tried to downplay all the problems as if I was the one being ridculous that my 3 1/2 year old home had such severe problems. Come to find out 22 other neighborhoods are having many of the same issues. In many of these neighborhoods, KB is doing the same band-aid BS warranty work that simply masks the problems for a short period of time only to find out that the problem arises again. Its a vicious cycle and KB seems to have made it their business practice. Don't believe me? Look at all the local news stories, horrifying pictures and videos, and reviews on this website. Terrible what KB has done to their customers!!! http://TheKBHome.com

Many builders including Pulte, Richmond American and KB Homes have complaints.However, to be fair they build a lot of homes and the quality can vary widely even within the same are or development.

A new home does not mean a home with no problems so you should always get any home you buy inspected before you agree to buy. If you are considering buying a new home, also talk to people in developments around the area about their experience with builder warranty service and their new home.

The best thing to do is take a look at them for yourself. Check out new and resale homes if possible. Ask home owners of each if they built new, how was their experience? Since they've lived in the home, have the experienced any warranty items with the builder and how did the builder handle them?

A builder may have a set of contractors in one area that are different from the next. Quality is going to vary.

Also, you should do some research on each as far as their reputation goes. Check the local registrar of contractors for complaints against them. I know Dateline has done a couple stories that may help you decide as well. 

As a realtor, my license forbids me to give you my opinion so, these suggestions are the best I can do for you. You can ask your local realtor about experiences their clients have had with the builders in your area. Your realtor may even have testimonials about the builder that will help you.