Profile picture for berenac

What is the average cost per sf to reconstruct a home in Hernando Mississippi?

What is the average cost to reconstruct a home in Hernando Mississippi?I am looking for an average cost per sf to determine the amount of coverage I need to carry on my home insurance policy.  I understand that the exact answer will be dependent upon the damages to the home, but let's say the house is brand new, built in 2011 and was damaged by fire which started in the kitchen and spread through the kitchen and into the second story and the firemen chopped holes in the roof to allow water to enter the home to prevent the fire from spreading to the attic.  I am talking extensive damages that will require matching of components, etc.  This is on a custom built 6000 sf house.  The property appraiser estimated the reconstruction cost at under $70 per sf.  Does this sound correct?
  • May 25 2011 - Hernando
  • 0