Profile picture for jesse.rieth

What is the average cost per sq. ft. for new construction in/around Seattle?

I'm wondering if anyone knows the current average cost per sq. ft. for new construction in/around Seattle.  Does the cost/sq. ft. typically include the lot/land?
  • July 23 2011 - Beacon Hill
  • 0

Profile picture for Stephanie Brown
Hi Jesse,

The cost per square foot only includes the livable square footage of the home. The average cost / square foot can vary greatly within the Seattle area. For example, a new luxury property in the Sand Point area will have a significantly higher $/square foot compared to a simple new home in the Beacon Hill area. If you have a property in mind that you'd like some comps on, post the address and I can try to better answer your question. Or, you can send me a message with the address and I'll email you back some comps.

Talk to you then,

Stephanie

For what ? House, condo, commercial, apartment, church ?!?!?

$$ / sq ft does NOT include land since it is simply dividing the price by the size of the improvement.

$$ / sq ft is a poor indicator of value, I wouldnt use it.

http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/price-per-sq-ft/407628/