Profile picture for jsoenning

What is the average % drop currently in League City, TX (77573)?

I am curious on the delta between initial listing price and actual sales price.  It seems to be around 10% to me...I want to protest my property tax evaluation.
  • April 03 2011 - League City

James is correct - the average percentage of original list price to final sales price is roughly 3%. However, a Realtor can also look up some of the "inside" details to find out if the owner had to contribute toward the buyers closing costs and/or toward repairs after inspections. It's called the Adjusted Sales amount. That should be taken into consideration during an alanysis, especially when trying to get your taxes lowered. Does that help you? -- Josh Hayles
  • October 11

The delta is actually closer to 3%.  On HAR, one of the reports that Realtors can run is a sales price to list price ratio.  Taking a sample of the last 245 homes sold in the League City zip code of 77573 returned a ratio of 3%.  Now, that is for all homes regardless of area in League City and price range.  If you want to narrow it down for me, I can give you better statistics.  Unfortunately though, the time frame to protest your 2012 taxes has already passed.