What is the best little known restaurant in the Lynnwood area?

In my family's constant quest to find someplace cool to eat, we are coming up short of really good non-chain restaurants to eat at in the Lynnwood area.  I would love to see some of the more eclectic type eateries and pubs like you find in Ballard, pop up in our local neighborhoods.  

I am guessing though that there have to be a few that are already here that no one knows about!
  • August 06 2009 - Lynnwood
  • 0

Talay Thai is one of the best and is in Lynnwood.  Decoration is not the best, but food is beyond compare.  The Rock for pizza might be more of what you are looking for.  If you are up for a little drive, go check out Lake Forest Park Grill (exit 177 off I-5 and head East for about 2 miles).

Now I'm hungry. I could go for some Old Spegetti Factory right about now.

TNT on 99 next to Ranch 99 has a $4 lunch special M-F it is family priced!

Rock Pizza's are very tasty and unique...but a bit more...

There is a Tofu house next to TNT that is supposed to be really good...haven't tried it yet...

Oh...for a real all you can eat treat there is a Korean BBQ place on 99 off of 220th street...forgot the name...but it was amazing...and unique... Something Palace or other.

I agree about Talay Thai (especially after shopping at the MLS), great lunch spot. I also like the little Gyro place right off of 196th St Sw, pretty much across the street (to the North) from Starbucks. The name escapes me, anyone got it?

I agree with Jeffrey. Starting to get hungry now!

Anyone recommend a good place for happy hour and good food? Coming up there November 3 & 4 and would love to know some cool, hip spots!

Ed

[self-promotional post, removed by moderator]

Lynnwood just does not have the Ballard type Restaurants/Pubs....Downtown Edmonds is getting closer with places like THE LOFT and OLIVES.  The closest thing that I can think of in Lynnwood would be maybe Maddox Grill @ 18411 Hwy 99.  Another unique Lynnwood spot is Susumu Japanese Steak House.  Just east of Hwy 99 off 196th.  Sketchy hotel behind it, but great food and a nice sushi bar.  It is the same type of place as Benihana.

Profile picture for russky77
If you need a good breakfast, try Patty's Egg Nest near Martha Lake.