Profile picture for Millie Hall

What is the best neighborhood and public school district in Charlotte NC?

• May 17 2010 - Charlotte
  • 0

Hi Millie,
Charlotte and surrounding areas are lucky to be filled with great schools and great neighborhoods.  There isn't one specific answer to your question.  Please contact me and we can further discuss the needs of your children regarding schools as well as your desires for your "perfect" home.

Profile picture for natewolf
If you call me we can discuss. See my contact info in my profile.

Charlotte Magazine lists the good schools and neighborhood each year, but it really depends on what YOU want in a neighborhood, and how much you can afford to spend on your home. Whether you want urban neighborhoods, suburban neighborhoods, or rural land.

Eastover, Myers Park, Dilworth, Matthews, South Park / South Charlotte have traditionally scored really high. But there are great schools and neighborhoods in Waxhaw, Marvin, Weddington, Huntersville, Cornelius, Lake Norman, Lake Wylie, York (South Carolina) and even Gastonia.

You can see scores and tests from each school on http://www.ncreportcards.org  -- or you can call me to discuss.

Millie,

Let me start by telling you that your questions is very subjective.  What I may consider to be a "best neighborhood" may not meet the criteria for you.  As a Realtor I have learned that we all have different priorities in what we are looking for in a neighborhood.  Some want proximity to their job, others to certain shopping and venues, some still want to be close to major highways and public transportation, and others to their family.  So,  we each view what a perfect neighborhood is differently.

In regards to schools. You are best to visit the Charlotte Mecklenburg School system and search the schools there.  They post a NC report card of each school as well.  This will give you a snapshot of how the school is performing and what trends it has.  There website is http://www.cms.k12.nc.us/Pages/Default.aspx