Profile picture for JJP3

What is the current market value of my home?

I want to refinance my home with a new mortgage now that rates are low.  Also, I have a 7 year ARM presently, and the rate is due to increase in 2011.  I also want to pay off more of my principal, say, by entering into a 15 year rather than a 30 year mortgage.
  • May 01 2009 - Westerville
  • 0

The current market value would actually be determined by what someone would pay for your home. Since you are not selling then the best way to determine it is by having a real estate appraiser appraise your home using comparable home sales that are fairly recent and similar in style.