Profile picture for zpatzer

What is the difference between Zestimate price and Average sale price in a home

Also, can I remove the price of home when I bought the house. I believe this comes from county
  • Question refers to 4171 Hubbartt Dr, Palo Alto, CA 94306
  • 0

Zillow is not always an accurate estimate of property.

*    Zillow cannot see a Middle School right next door

*    Zillow has no idea that there may have been a death on the Property

*    Zillow is Hopelessly wrong when it comes to new construction in an old neighborhood. Zillow only sees beds/baths/garage space

*   Zillow has only been a start to find an accurate price based on sq. ft. lot size, # of beds and baths. Zillow has no idea that there may be a factory right  across the street.

*   Zillow over estimated a home I had listed recently in San Mateo and the comparables supported the sale price and not the "Zestimate"

I hope that helps

Profile picture for zpatzer
How come some of my friends who bought home, the value what they bought for does not show in zillow.

Zestimate is a price that Zillow comes up with and does not consider all factors of a home.

the average sale price or value of a home (especially in this area of Palo Alto) should come from a local realtor (like me) or an appraiser that you would pay.

It would be ver difficult to keep the sale of your home off the internet. It's public record.