Profile picture for vish3

What is the least downpayment loan option for over 600K loan in howard county

I am looking to buy a home over 600K in howard county and want to know what are the loan options available. Would prefer to keep down payment to 5% if possible.

If that is not the case, what are the current rates for a 10% down payment option.

Let me know.

• December 10 2011 - Columbia

FHA will require only 3.5% down payment,  In Howard County, the maximum loan amount on FHA is $560k though - so that means your maximum purchase price with 3.5% down would be right at $580k.  

Unfortunately, any loan amount over $417k requires a minimum 10% down payment - so unless you have that to put down you are going to be capped out at a $580k purchase price with FHA.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Profile picture for ZAWiitanen
I am finding this information amazing. Any of you agents work in kalamazoo mi area? My husband and I own 2 duplexes and are wanting to buy our home at around 600k. We'd love to put down 3-3.5-5% down. This second mortgage option sounds great. Can anyone help us ?

as far as agents and lenders go, this site is not meant to be a billboard, it is here for no pressure Q&A; so I'd start with agents and lenders who are detail oriented enough to read s simple TOS; Columbia has plenty of each.

While the FHA max loan is $560K, FHA allows up to 100% CLTV so you can still use an FHA loan to achieve an 80/15/5 and only put down 5% and still buy for $660K. However, if you don't mind putting down 10% our bank offers a Conventional Jumbo with 10% down and no mortgage insurance so only 1 loan without a higher rate 2nd.

Profile picture for metrodcexpert
FYI...I have done work with Nick Pakulla at First Place Bank and I would HIGHLY recommend him if you are still searching for a lender. He did the loan on my house last year and you know that as a Realtor I made sure I got the best rate available.

If you need the help of an agent, I am happy to help as well. 

John Young

The FHA loan limit in Howard County is $560,000 and you would need at least 3.5% down.  Above this amount you are in true jumbo and generally need at least 20% down, but our bank offers a solution:

With 10% down we offer a standard Fannie Mae first mortgage (capped at $494,500 or 80% of the sales price) combined with our own in house portfolio second mortgage.  On $660,000 it would be a $494,500 first mortgage and a $99,500 second mortgage.  Feel free to contact me if you would like more information.

You could do that with 5% down using an FHA first mortgage. Since you would still have to pay both upfront and monthly MI on the 30 YR FHA loan, the combined P & I plus the monthly MI payment on the first would equal out to about a 5.25% rate, then add the piggyback payment. If you could qualify for and be comfortable with a 15 Yr amortization on the 1st mortgage, then you would not have to pay the monthly MI.    

Profile picture for vish3
Yes. Purchase price between 600K and 660K.

Would the purchase price be under $675K?