Profile picture for ben2viking

What is the rental demand for section 8 housing in Oakland CA?

What is the rental demand for section 8 housing in Oakland CA and how do I go about getting this data?
  • October 16 2011 - Oakland

Profile picture for CameronPlatt
It really depends on the individual property and the neighborhood, of course, but demand seems to be high for properties that are in a good state of repair.  Like many housing departments, Oakland Housing Authority has contracted with GoSection8.com, which is not the most transparent of portals, for much of its operations.  

As an investor and property manager who deals with Section 8 property in Oakland on a fairly regular basis, I can tell you that I have found demand for properties that meet Section 8 standards to be fairly high in Oakland.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you need more information.

Best regards,
Cameron Platt
510-473-7767
ccp@plattinc.com
DRE 01403911