What options are there for someone like me?

Bad luck, medical bills, financial mistakes and bad investments have hit my credit hard. (600 middle).  I have had in the past 2 years 3 - 30 day late mortgage payments, a few 30 day late payments on maxed out credit cards and one went 120 days but has been current since. I make good money over $110K/yr I now have monthly bills that total about 1/2 of my take home pay. My house is worth over $350K. I have a first mortgage of $34K. I have a HELOC with a balance of $100K.
Credit cards and other debts at around 55K.  I no longer have the medical payments going out. I have paid back all the loans to family and friends. But I can't seem to get the credit cards paid down. Interest rates are high and it is just consuming too much money. 
Is there anything out there for someone who wants a debt to loan Home equity loan for $125K? I do not want to touch my HELOC, right now it is only 2.9% and will probably stay that way till the 3 year term early closure is over and I don't want to have to pay the closing costs back to them.

Any one have any ideas?

hopefullycalm@aol.com
  • February 29 2012 - US
  • 0

Let me suggest contacting your lender or talk with someone at your bank. There must be products out there but I'm just not sure what they are offering. I know that most banks have the loan products available. If they can't assist, they in fact may have someone else who can assist you.