Profile picture for prism2

What options do I have to refinance a condo in SE MA where I owe $188k and the unit value is $195k?

• October 13 2010 - Taunton
  • 0

I think you should sit down with Andrew and see if he can you a new loan

You have to watch out if you decide to leave that lender.  Ifyou do and they cancel the Case number rather than transfer it your monthly MI will likely double.  Of course if they don't drop the rate you would be better of @ 3.25 with the new mip and monthly MI.  If you want an accurate quote I woul be happy to provide one.

Profile picture for prism2
I don't think it's fixed yet. I'm going to question the UF-MIP rate and the loan rate and see if I can get better elsewhere. Thanks for all your help!

You can sign paper work and your rate can be floating.

Profile picture for prism2
I have signed paperwork, but the appraisal is not done, so no final numbers.

[Deleted for self promotion]

Rate seems high to me for a 5/1 ARM with those closing costs.  Are you currently locked in and when did you lock in?

With those closing costs your rate should be closer to 3.25%.

Profile picture for prism2
No...I have a 5/3 ARM, not FHA, Fannie, Freddie...

Are you currently in an FHA ARM?

Profile picture for prism2
3.875%. It's a 5/1 ARM. I wasn't supposed to be here even this long... 

The case number was ordered prior to 10/4.

So that alone is $4,230 that will be added to your loan amount.  Are you being offered a rate of 4% or 4.25%?

Profile picture for prism2
If it is based off the Payoff price, it comes to 2.33%

Do you know what you are being quoted for Up Front MIP?  is it 1% or 2.25%?

Profile picture for prism2

No Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. I'm just concerned that there is a better deal than adding $11,000 to my current mortgage.

The 11K will include UPfront MIP that is financed in so it looks more intimidating than it is.  Depending on when your FHA case number was ordered will determine if that cost is 2.25% or 1%. 

I would be happy to review the GFE for you, if you want.  you can either post the GFE numbers on this thread or forward the GFE to me through my profile. 

Profile picture for prism2
Thanks! I am currently in the process of getting an FHA loan, but the additional cost and fees are ~$11,000 (about 5.85%) and was wondering if this is typical and the expected price I have to pay to orefinance in my situation.

You would qualify for an FHA refinance provided the condo is or could be FHA approved.  If your current loan is owned by Fannie Mae or Freddie mac you could refi Under the HARP program.