Profile picture for mandiroma

What part(s) of Colorado Springs, CO is considered a transitioning neighborhood?

I'm newer to Colorado Springs and want to buy a house in an up and coming, (not declining or pricey) transitional neighborhood. What area should I be on the lookout for? I currently live on the central west side.
  • June 02 2013 - Colorado Springs

Best Answer

There are several neighborhoods that are on the upswing in areas with good schools, close to parks and easy access to highways and shopping. The determining factors are likely going to be your price range and your style of home and neighborhood. The central west side is one of those areas that is actually increasing steadily in value but if you want to get farther from downtown and Old Colorado City then you can get a more modern home for your money. Another area to consider is north and east of downtown there are a lot of nice little pockets of neighborhoods where owners and new buyers are putting money into fixing them up. If you want to stay close to downtown there are some very nice areas around Patty Jewett golf course that are also reasonably priced and very well kept. Feel free to let me know if I can be of any additional assistance. I have extensive experience in the area.

You're quite welcome. If there is ever anything you need please feel free to let me know.

Profile picture for mandiroma
Thanks so much Scott. From some of the research I've done, I have been drawing the same conclusion. I'm looking at investing in a property on the central west side, probably in the next couple years. So when the time comes to purchase, I will let you know.

Thanks again.
Amanda

Profile picture for Pam Palone

Your question is a very good question, but very hard for a real estate agent to answer for you without sitting down and talking with you as there are so many variables.  Such as how much you can spend, do you have a family or are you single, do you want a safe neighborhood and someplace that is a little edgier.  I would suggest that, if you are not yet ready to talk to a real estate agent, that you sit down with a friend who knows you, your likes and dislikes, and ask them what they think a good area would be for you.  Best of luck to you.

The price point you qualify can impact this decision.  I urge you to contact a local realtor...which I am...LOL.  Of course which part of town you prefer is also part of the process.  Good luck and give a ring if you are ready to buy.  I can help. 

Hire a full time professional Realtor® that knows the market and will best be able to advise you.  And do your research on the schools.  Most values are directly tied to how well the school performs.  (As well as other local benefits)

Good luck.