Profile picture for janeekbatani

What should I ask for a sales price for my Home in Alii Heights?

We are going to be selling our home in Alii Heights and are interested in talking to some successful experienced listing agents.  What is your marketing plan?
  • February 03 2011 - Kailua Kona
  • 0

I ran overall, generic comps (on 2.4.11) for recent activity within the Alii Heights subdivision (incld. unit 2) and right now there are currently 16 active listings, with an average listing price of $688,890 (Median @ $657K).  As for what's sold in the past 6 months, the average MLS sale is coming in at $541,916 (Median @ $553,250). I hope this gives you an idea of what's going on in your area.

Now, depending on your property (size, features, location within, improvements, etc.)...these can all factor into the listing price. Currently, the market is experiencing an influx of "distressed sales" that have greatly affected the market value of properties,especially in the Kailua-Kona area. Therefore, it's very important to keep all of these in mind when selling your property.  If you would like to provide me with your email, I can customize these stats to match your specific property in Alii Heights, as these "comps" usually go by living area square footage.

In marketing your property, I would suggest using both traditional and new channels of promotion.  Depending who or where the desired target market is, you want to match your advertising efforts to the demographic that would show interest in your property.  It requires a little trial-and-error and every property is unique so when you do decide to sell, it's important to discuss with your Realtor what specific response you want to get and most importantly.. how soon you'd like to receive inquiries on your property. Measurable and successful is where you want to be when it comes to marketing, whether it's online or in print.

I wish you luck and if you should have any other questions, feel free to email me at norrey@acasiorealtyinc.com.  I'll try my best to provide you with an answer.