Profile picture for Jonsut94

What type/diameter pvc pipe to run from water meter up 230 foot 45degree incline to feed 4br/3bath?

I need to know specs on what water line I need to buy to run from the water company meter up a 230 foot incline of about 45 degrees to supply a 4br/3bath house please?  Would 1inch dia pvc pipe be large enough...and what psi reduction valve should I buy?  Thanks, Jon
  • September 18 2009 - Beebe

Profile picture for ABBAUSA
1" PVC will be large enough. It should give good pressure and volume. It is actually the code in my area. 3/4 meter, then 1" to the house. There are other details, but the 1" will do the job.

Profile picture for goerpark
The water pipe from the meter to the house will only give you more volume not any more pressure. I would move the PRV to the house so the water pressure would be as strong as I could get it. This would help to push the water up the hill. Without knowing the pressure you can do this and if there is not enough pressure after putting the new line in you can always go with a booster pump.

Profile picture for Jonsut94
Well, the water company says they installed a regular 3/4" meter.  I haven't purchased a pressure reducer yet so I'm open to any suggestions on what pressure is needed to get up the hill and what size pvc as well.  Thanks for any suggestions.  Jon

Profile picture for nwhome.us

What size is the meter and what is the pressure?