Profile picture for mleach5271

What website can I go on to get an accurate credit score please? Also is a mortgage credit score dif

I am trying to fix my credit score using a program through Wells Fargo. In March when I started my scores were 543 with Experian & Equifax was 529,TransUnion was 502. Now this month it's 664,618, and 603. Also what can I do to improve my scores as well. Trying to buy a home! Thanks

October 10 2011 - Steelton

Each credit company rates differently.  There isn't one "correct" credit score.  If you have each report, though, compare each item to see if one or more are not showing some wrong info.  As for improving your score, I suggest you take a full report(maybe the worst one?) to a local lender and sit with an experienced mortgage person.  Ask them to advise you on how to improve the scores.  They should want to help in hopes of getting a shot at your business in the future...Paul

If you are using a Wells Fargo credit repair program, why wont they give you your scores?

Profile picture for mleach5271
I posted my scores at the top of page. However they are my personal scores I thought that mortgage scores were different?

Wow that's a nice improvement in your score! Many lenders will use the middle score of the three credit bureaus Experian,  Equifax, TransUnion explained here for the application process. I have also heard that other lenders use your FICO score or a combined credit report before they actually fund the loan, but you might check with Wells and see what they use.

Profile picture for mleach5271
I just would like to thank all of you for responding to my post. However I think I was reading something off of this site about Home Sales Lending, I think it's a part of Wells Faro, anyway was talking a guy from that company to ask about credit re-score and got my credits scores and they are Tu 666 (eww) Exp 692 Eq 607, so he gave totally different scores then what I had as you can see! But I have a question and it's what question should I be asking lenders about the mortgage? Is it just rates & their fees? Or is it something asking I just be asking? Also should I stick with one company or should I compare different ones? My reason for asking this is because I don't want to get so excited and just take the first one because I may be approve, I don't if that makes sense to you all. However any input would be highly grateful. Thanks!

Their website says they are an affiliate of Wells, not sure exactly what that means. Ask the person that gave you the 666/692/607 scores if they are Fico scores, they are the only ones that matter. If they are then a lender will use the 666 score to price your loan which will be fine for FHA, as long as the credit itself is acceptable.   

Profile picture for mleach5271
Thanks Mr. Branch,

For responding. I just check out the credit report email that I asked him for a copy of and it's from Rels Credit - Instant Merge Credit Report? Is that a Fico real score or not?

Does one of the scores read EFX Beacon 5.0 or TUC Fico?

Profile picture for mleach5271
EFX BEACON 5.0 (APP) then score, and other says: TUC FICO Classic?

Those are Fico scores and what a lender would use. You may see a little variance on the TUC score if you are looking at a score using Classic 98 and another lender is using Classic 04, both are Fico but can have slightly different scoring. Same is true with Experian, depends on the scoring model used but I wouldn't worry about that. You should see 4 codes next to your scores, the 1st code listed is having the most negative impact on your scores, then the next code is having the 2nd most impact on the scores, etc. What is the first code listed next to the Beacon Score and what does it say?     

Profile picture for Clay Branch
Latest reply by Clay Branch

1. 16 N Harrisburg St, Steelton, PA Home For Sale
    16 N Harrisburg St, Steelton, PA 17113

2. 500 Orchard Dr, Harrisburg, PA Home For Sale
    500 Orchard Dr, Harrisburg, PA 17113

3. 15 Jefferson St, Steelton, PA Home For Sale
    15 Jefferson St, Steelton, PA 17113