What would you want to know about forming a Real Estate Team?

My business partner and I have been asked to teach a seminar at the Massachusetts Association of Realtors Annual Convention on October 18th, 2011.  I am reaching out to fellow Realtors to get their input so that we can design a course for the Realtors so they can walk out saying they learned something beneficial!  We have been a team for 7yrs and it has allowed us to have a successful business and a personal life.  Your thoughts are much appreciated.

August 19 2011 - Weston

Profile picture for shapiroamg
I hope in this self reflection you dont decide that one of your is taking advantage of the other and split! Might make a good reality show.
:D

I know in Minnesota there are specific legal requirements when it comes to advertising your 'team'. I should think that would be a required topic to cover.

Plus I've always wondered about when you team up with someone, how is the commission split, if someone is contributing more to the team than the other (in terms of time and cients) do they get a bigger split, etc.

And I've seen many two agents teams come and go over the years. What compels agents to team up with other agents and what causes those team relationships to end.