Profile picture for Mary Oakley Graceffa

Whats the bill?

I want to know what the bill is for 36631 Parkview Terrace, Yucaipa, CA 92399.  What's the electricity, water, gas/oil for heat, cable, and internet bill?  I would like to buy this house but I need to know these expenses before I do so. 

May 21 - San Diego

I believe Yucaipa is in a Southern California Edison area, but I'm not certain.  Anyway, for SCE rates, they are on their website in a PDF file:
https://www.sce.com/wps/portal/home/regulatory/tariff-books/rates-pricing-choices/residential-rates

I believe the one you want is the Schedule D, "domestic service".
https://www.sce.com/NR/sc3/tm2/pdf/ce12-12.pdf

I'm not remembering who the water company is.  Perhaps Imperial Water District?  I'm pretty sure it is not Metropolitan Water District.  But if one guesses wrong, the rates between the companies are not that substantially different.

For gas, I believe it is Southern California Gas Company; though I believe the bills just say "the Gas Company".
http://www.socalgas.com/regulatory/tariffs/tariffs-rates.shtml
I believe you want "schedule GR", residential service.
http://www.socalgas.com/regulatory/tariffs/tm2/pdf/GR.pdf

Remember, 1 Therm is 100 cuft of natural gas.  Look up Therm on Wikipedia to find out how many therms to heat or cool, based on "degree days" for the area, and based on where you are going to set the thermostat, and how much space you are going to heat or cool.

Don't forget you also need to pay for trash pickup service.

May 23
There is no way to know what someone else is paying, or what someone else has contracted for, or what someone else is using for utilities.

The better approach for water, gas, electricity.... is to use your bill to get the "rates", and then to figure out what her actual usage would be based on her own patterns.

Cable?  Internet?  Tons of ads come in the mail every week; she can either choose one, or "call around" to find out what is available.

For gas and water, there is the monthly meter charge in addition to the 100 cuft usage chart.  She can call to get the rates, but your bill should be adequate for that.  For Electric, there is the monthly meter charge, the distribution charge, the electric usage charge, and the utility taxes.  And typically the rates are tiered, so that you pay higher rates and higher meter charges for each step up in usage.

If you know your utility companies, you may even be able to find the rates on line.

May 23
I know, but my daughter is doing this project for school; to learn about bills, car payments, house payments, and basically how she's going to live on her own.  She wants this to be her house in her project. There has to be a way to figure out the bills for the house.

May 23
The listing agent may be able to help you with that information.   You'll find the contact information at the bottom of the ad.

May 21