Profile picture for cindie

When I look up my address @ Zillow says NOT FOR SALE. It is for sale. ALSO, want to fire agent asap.

I was looking at homes near mine that have sold in the past few months, all approx same size, location, price, year built and condition.  The agent I signed with 3 months ago told me all these things she was going to do and get my house sold.  I signed with her and have never heard from her again.  My house has been shown 2-3 times by OTHER AGENTS.  She promised directional signs, none.  She said "open houses", none.  She said lots of communication, not a WORD.  Also, she never sent me a copy of the paperwork I signed with her.  I was told that alone makes the contract null and void.  Is this true.  I see houses to my left and right selling like hot cakes and would like to enlist the aid of an agent who will actually try to sell my house!  Thanks, Cindie
  • September 12 2012 - East Memphis-Colonial-Yorkshire
  • 0

Best Answer

Cindie,

Sorry this has been such a frustrating and unsatisfactory experience for you. Most Realtors work hard for their clients, but unfortunately some do not. I'll attempt the address the issues you raised. Not receiving a copy of the documents you signed is not uncommon, but it does not, as far as I know, void the contractual agreement. As for the showing by "OTHER AGENTS" this too is not uncommon. Actually 90% plus of the homes sold are not sold by the agent that lists the home. Not communicating with you is inexcusable. It is difficult to determine the reason you home is not showing/selling without more details. I suggest you have a discussion with the agent, if that is not satisfactory you can cancel the listing agreement, every agency has a procedure for canceling the agreement. Just make sure you get cancelation in writing. As for ZIllow listing the house NOT FOR SALE. Zillow and other listing sites get the listings and updates from the local MLS systems and many times the frequency of the updates is NOT timely. I don't know why but sometimes it can take weeks for the listing to appear. The Important thing is that it is in the MLS system.

This has been a long explanation but I hope helpful. If you would like to discuss further or if I can provide additional please let me know.

Gerald Williams

Affiliate Broker

Weichert Realtors -BenchmarkWeichert Realtors - Benchmark

[deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

I'm sure it is not a surprise that I agree you should use a Realtor. 

Profile picture for cindie
Thank you, again.  You are being very helpful.  When I first pull my address up, that is when Zillow says not for sale, but after I click on the address it does show the listing and asking price and so on.  It must be a glitch of some sort.
I did have the conversation with this realtor during our one meeting together.  I let her know that because my house is  on a hidden cove that is hard to locate, it would need to be pointed out and also some directional signs would be helpful, as well.  I also mentioned MY thought about my physical address, which is on Southern.  When most Memphians think of Southern, they think of less than savory areas of town.  Southern is a long street and does go thru some iffy areas, but the neighborhood I am in is very established, safe and people always smile and say how much they love this little neighborhood when I explain where my house is located.  However, they also always say, "I didn't know SOUTHERN went up in there!"  Therefore, I mentioned to the agent that some people may be put off by the street name and the first area that will come to their minds would be the train yards, which are no where near me!  It's actually one of the safest, most secure and established neighborhoods in Memphis for any price range and especially for my price range, which is 119,000.  There have been a number of recent sales of homes in my small neighborhood within the past 3 months, one on the very cove I live on.  All of these homes that have sold were in my price range, built at around the same time, had the same or close to the same square footage and lot size, as well as number of bedrooms and baths.  Actually, my house has 2 additions as dens, plus a living room/dining room, renovated kitchen, 1.5 baths, and a back house, as well as a storage garage.  That leaves the option open to use one of the dens as a 4th bedroom.  Perhaps I should stage it as such and sell it as a 4 bedroom?  
I had bought a book on "How to sell a house" when I was handling a complicated estate as the administrator of the estate a few years ago, then read another on "How to Buy a House" when I bought this one a little over 3 years ago.  Guess I should find that one about selling again, so I have SOME knowledge, even though I have absolutely NO plans to "sell by owner".  I feel I need an agent or realtor so that I get all my i's dotted and t's crossed!
Thank you so much for your advice.  Very, very helpful!
Sincerely, Cindie Cook