When all else fails, build

Recently, I had what I like to refer to as the "Kid in a Candy Store Buyer". This kind of buyer wants everything! She wanted the two car garage, four bedrooms, large master bedroom, large bathrooms, large backyard, in a subdivision where the houses aren't "too close", large kitchen with a seperate dining area, in a particular ELEMENTARY school district... ALL of this on a not so high budget. 

She knew what she wanted and before even speaking with me, the Realtor, she spoke with a lender to see what she could afford. YAY!! So with pre-approval in hand we began our home search. We viewed about four houses on the first trip out. She saw a few homes that she liked but didn't love. This went on for a week and if you live in the Triad you know it was HOT last week!! Running out of options I had to go with Plan B... new construction. In the particular area that she was looking in there were about six new subdivisions with very little inventory, or ready to move-in houses, none of which met her long list of wants or were in her price range. Plan B wasn't looking too good. However, with a little more digging and asking a few questions I found my client the perfect house. 

The very next day I sat with my client as we wrote up an offer for a two-story home with four bedrooms, a large master suite, large kitchen with an island and seperate dining room, on a prime lot in a subdivision located in the school district that she wanted, all well BELOW her preapproval amount. I also got her $15K in upgrades, which she used to build a larger patio area, add brick front, a garden tub in her bedroom, and other things to make the home perfect for her and her three growing boys. Her home will be ready to move into mid-November, just in time to take advantage of the $8K tax credit.

Moral of the story: Take FULL advantage of the Buyers Market!!  Builders have a lot of inventory also and are more than willing to make a deal.

August 12 2009 - Lake Norman of Catawba

When all else fails, build

1. 201 Deer Run Dr, Troutman, NC Home For Sale
    201 Deer Run Dr, Troutman, NC 28166

• Beds: --
  2. 9188 Fair Oak Dr, Sherrills Ford, NC Home For Sale
    9188 Fair Oak Dr, Sherrills Ford, NC 28673

3. 136 Tranquil Cove Rd, Mooresville, NC Home For Sale
    136 Tranquil Cove Rd, Mooresville, NC 28117

For Sale: $1,250,000

Sign in with Google