When did the Zillow forum go online?

I was reading through the Zillow timeline and noticed that it says that the Zillow community forum launched April 3, 2007. Is that really right? I could have sworn that it happened before that.

Any thoughts? All can I promise is retroactive thumbs for all who reply :)

February 06 2012 - US

Best Answer
I just wandered back through history and it is true that we didn't have a way to post anything conversational on the site until April 2007. That was what we called Home Q&A. We added our more general Discussion boards in July 2007, which morphed into Zillow Advice in December 2008. Hope that helps! Kristin

February 07 2012
Kristin's response was what I remembered too.  I didn't register as a user until after the forum had been up several months, but first started browsing Zillow about the time that the Home Q&A was being introduced.

The strange thing was the conversion of the Home Q&A to discussions.  A lot of thread numbers created very quickly, with many having initial dates that preceded the forum discussions with low numbers.  Some of those threads got substantially garbled in the conversion, especially where the number of posts had exceeded the home Q&A display limits.

After conversion, the Home Q&A had it's own discussion category, but after discontinuing the Home Q&A, all the Home Q&A threads got lumped into the "Home Ownership" category.

February 09 2012
I can find post #2 in July 2007, but post 1 appears to have been deleted.

February 09 2012
Thanks for reply Kristin! Zillow was such a vibrant site even when I first registered, so I was a little surprised by the date.

February 09 2012
I think it was before that too. I joined in 2006, and my recollection is that I posted comments then. I may be wrong. I have a dead brain cell ratio issue.

February 06 2012