When is the best time of the year to put a property up for rent? Beginning? Middle? End?

[self promotion deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]
  • July 19 2012 - Raleigh
  • 0

Hi Rachel, 

My advice to you in regards to your question is to figure out the reason why people are moving into your town.

For example, Im a realtor in Millburn-Short Hills area. The Millburn Township School District is known for its challenging curriculum, academic excellence and is considered one of the best districts in New Jersey. 

So every year, right before the school year starts, clients from all over NJ, US and even abroad - come to this township in search of a new home or a rental. 

My crazy time of a years starts in March, thats when new families are starting their searches, hoping that in the months of summer, they will be already settled, have a place to live and their kids will be registered for school. 

So for me personally, the best time of a year to put a property up for rent would be Spring months. 

http://www.assistfirsttimehomebuyers.com/

I've been in quite a few discussions about this one. It is my belief that the summer season is the peak time for people to relocate.