Profile picture for Zinters

When is the height of the home selling season technically over? (which time of year)

Is it the end of summer (August) or do home sales stay strong into the Fall? I've had my home on the market since March 30. Over 35 showings now (I get multiple requests every week) and not one offer. I've upgraded it, updated it, painted it, made it sparkle from floor to ceiling, staged it, and lowered the price $25K. Still no offers. Just wondering when my competition will go away so my house stands out.

July 22 2009 - US

Best Answer
Profile picture for rockinblu
Zinters,

The first link below addresses your question with somewhat of an answer. The second link,while it's mainly addressed to FSBOs, if you are represented it could still have some value in it for you,  If you decide you would like to try some of the things in the blog and are represented, please check with your agent first, and always use him/her as the contact person. Good luck.http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/real-estate/buyerguide2004/buying-season.asp

http://rockinblu-rockinblu.blogspot.com/2009/02/thinking-about-doing-fsbo.html

go and check out your competition and then track and learn why your neighbor got sold and you did not... be real, and unload.. the market gets worse from here on out for sellers...

good luck