Profile picture for manahan

When searching Google for my home address, it shows my house with a lower estimate then Zillow onlin

When I do a search for my property from the Google search bar, the Zestimate they shave is about a month old.  It also shows I had 556 visitors.  When I log into my Zillow account through the website (I just recently reactivated my listing), it shows $242,000 zestimate and about 162 visitors.  I need someone at Zillow to correct this please.  There are apparently two different links.

December 05 2013 - Estero

Profile picture for Neil R
Hi manahan -

I have sent the duplicate for removal which will reflect within a week. The Contact Form is auto-filled out with the user's email address and name. This is not shared publicly.

Neil

Profile picture for manahan
Yet...another new issue.  I had Zillow delete everything and I created a whole new listing.  Now in the area where is says "request more information" set up for the potential buyer, it has filled in my name and email!  Isn't that area supposed to be blank for the potential buyer??? or am I misunderstanding how it is set up?
Someone please let me know.

When I look on your property on the map, I see two listings.  However, one has to scroll in very closely on the map to see both icons.

My recommendation was not to "claim the listing" but to "claim your home".  In Zillowspeak, those are different actions.    However, you won't be able to claim your home until the owners.com part gets off.  hopefully that happens within the next 24 h.

If you (or others who are reading along) wonder how duplicates happened unintentionally, it turns out the abbreviation of the road played a role.    In this case, the original has Blvd   and the duplicate has Blvd. (with a period)    Unfortunately that period made the database see different properties... .most frustrating.  I hope Zillow has plans to decrease sensitivity to type of road name.   For example, Place, Pl. and Pl should all be the same.

Profile picture for manahan
Well, now I have a new question.  My "listing" is gone under my account.  But then in the drop down menu it shows "Favorite Addresses" which is my current address.  Can I reactivate one of those addreses or should I just start from scratch?

Profile picture for manahan
Customer Service did finally contact me to say that they would forward the link (the one you sent me) and have the duplicate removed.  Unfortunately, Zillow does only show one listing so I don't have a way to delete anything.  I believe I did "claim" my listing but will try to do it again and see what happens.  I guess now I will just have to wait a few days and then see what happens.  I do appreciate all your help.

Sites like Zillow and Trulia don't have the most accurate information. They are a third party provider and have their own syndication strategies. Use the features the supply to you as an accountholder to have your home info as accurate as possible.

Zillow estimates are not a reliable source. If you want an accurate home value higher an appraisal.

Annett T. Block
[deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

Yes, you are right to recognize some patience is required to have systems update.  

The discrepancy between the two Zestimates is exactly the reason you want to associate your own FSBO listing with the original data entry in Zillow and then get Zillow to delete the duplicate accidentally created.  

Here are the steps in the order I'd do them:

1.  Owners.com listing becomes inactive on Zillow (i.e. status no longer shows "for sale").
2.  Claim that property entry on Zillow. (See Zillow help center for detailed instructions).
3.  Edited it, add photos etc.
4.  Click on the button "post for sale/rent". 
5.  Cancel the listing of the duplicate so it shows "not for sale".
6.  Flag it to get Zillow to remove the entry entirely.   (Once flagged, it takes a couple of weeks).

Profile picture for manahan
I cancelled I believe the first time yesterday.  After seeing your reply, I requested another cancel even though it shows that it is not active.  I did also copy and paste the link you sent me in the "report problems with this listing" so I guess now I'll have to wait and see what happens.  My biggest concern is the discrepancy between the two zestimates.  If people log directly into Zillow, they will see one, if they do a search on the internet, they will see another for about $20,000 less.  It will definitely affect my selling process as my house is listed now.  I have already received 2 possible interested parties.

I've heard that owners.com can be rather difficult to cancel.   Here's a link to your listing that is coming from owners.com (going to Zillow's original entry).   When I look at the price history I see "listed for sale" on 12/2/2013 but no canceled.  However, when I click on the owners.com link on the bottom of the page it appears that it has been canceled.     Did you cancel within the last couple of days?   Perhaps the feeds haven't refreshed yet from owners.com to Zillow.

Profile picture for manahan
My listing on Owners.com shows as being expired.  And I just made sure that it was deactivated.  Do I need to delete it totally to get this fixed?

It appears that you have two FSBO listings for your home showing on Zillow.    The one that Jay provided in the other thread is using the original data on Zillow with sales history and tax history.   It tends to have the more accurate Zestimate and is linked to an owners.com listing.   The second one  http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8865-Cascades-Isle-Blvd-Estero-FL-33928/2112564756_zpid/    has been created as a duplicate for the property but is missing sales and tax history.

It can be a bit confusing when there are duplicates (or worse) for a home on the site.  You may wish to  cancel the owners.com listing (this is something you would need to do) and put your own FSBO associated with that entry.   Then flag the link I provided above as a duplicate (using the "report problem" option on the home details page) and ask Zillow to remove it.   (They will not remove the one with the tax and sales history).