Profile picture for Eastern32

When searching for homes for sale, how can you filter out the pending sales?

• July 20 2012 - North Valleys
  • 1

Profile picture for Blue Nile
It may have helped to post under "Zillow questions", as I'm interpreting the post as "how do you do this search ON ZILLOW?".

Anyway, I though that one might be able to use the keywords filter with "for sale" in quotes, but it doesn't work; the pending still show up.

And I thought if one only wanted to see the "pending", one could put "pending" in the keywords filter box, but many of the listings has "pending" in the description, so many that are not pending still show up.

Anyway, no known method to accomplish the desire results except to just ignore the ones that say "pending" instead of "house for sale".  Too many agents put the words "for sale" in the home description to make trying to filter for that condition useful.

Many pending you can still make backup offers, but I can see how most people would consider that a waste of time.

Our MLS pulls pending sales from the search engines once they are marked pending.  

I think you may be referring to what we call contingent.  If a property is marked contingent, it means there is a contract on it but it has yet to meet the contingencies in that contract; for example, mortgage contingency, appraisal contingency, inspection contingency, etc.   However,  contingent properties continue to show as active in the search engines until they are marked pending when MLS will pull them.   I know, it sounds a bit confusing.

As far as filtering out pending sales, there is no need.  As far as filtering out contingent sales, you would need to have a Realtor set up a personal search for you.  I'm pretty sure it cannot be done through the search engines.