When to get a house reassessed?

I was thinking of having our house reassessed. Is there a gauge to having this done?  We bought the house for $250k 11 months ago and the assessment is $230k.  At this point the value seems fairly appropriate, but the assessment has been at $230k since 2003 when it was built for $281k.  Someone recommended having it reassessed, but I am not sure it will help reduce the taxes. 

August 01 2012 - US

You might be concerned that if you want to buy there will be objections to your list price based on the tax assessment.  Rest assured, that objection should be easy to overcome by your Realtor.  Comparable sales in the area will reflect the true market value of your home.  I wouldn't rock the boat on the tax appraisal.  It sounds like you have a good deal going!

Maybe I am misunderstanding this question.  If you paid $250K for the property and it is valued by the tax appraiser at $230K why would you want to have it reassessed?  The tax amount is based off of the appraised value so the more they appraise the property the more you pay in taxes.