Profile picture for cynerg

When was Zillow last updated?

I watch Zillow all the time but have noticed nothing has changed in the last month.  We had a house sold across the street from us over 2 weeks ago and Zillow still shows it as still being for sale.

Cindy
  • August 17 2010 - Triangle
  • 0

Profile picture for Joe C Chen
I've seen homes that were sold 2 years ago still shown as active on Zillow.

Consumers have no idea what they are looking at.  I think Zillow should try to work with MLS to make all listings synchronized.  I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually take that approach, just like most other websites do.

I feel consumers nowadays really get confused of what they see online. The best advise we should give the general public is to start working with a realtor first, instead of looking online all over the place and contact 10 realtors in the process.

Hi Cindy

Because Zillow gets their data from the county there can be significant delays with updating. Basically,  Zillow will get the sales data from the county long after it has been updated in the MLS and the yard sign is gone. I hope this helps.

Andy Weiss

If a house still appears for sale, that is because the listing agent hasn't taken the time to remove the "for sale" status.  This is a serious problem, and very very annoying.   Zillow's data are only as good as those agencies  feeding in data, and many of them are lousy at updating.   (I consider lack of updating sloppy professional practices, and notice when it happens in my area so I never deal with those agents).

The actual "sales" information appears on Zillow from your city or county assessor's office database.  Sometimes that appears in two or three weeks, and sometimes several months. It depends on how quickly the data entry employees are entering the data.  With government cutbacks, it appears to be going more slowly than 3 years ago.

Sometimes it takes Zillow 30 days or longer to update their information.  Just depends on your area.  Some areas submit more information, so it gets pulled more often.  Others not so much.  It should update soon.