Profile picture for Britdv

Wher can I find what my house is worth at current market value?

I useroot be able to look on here and see the current market value of my house. Where is that feature in Zillow now as I can't find it? Thanks

January 29 2012 - North Las Vegas

It depends, why do you need to know?  If it is just curiosity and you are thinking about selling, then call 2-3 real estate agents.
If you need it for a divorce, bankruptcy, estate, ect.  then you should have a true appraisal.  If it is for a refinance, then your lender will have you pay for an appraisal using the appraiser they choose.

Your choices are to call a Certified Appraiser (you can look at the Appraisal Institute website and search by zip code) and pay for an unbiased     appraisal. This should give you an accurate current market value of the property.

You can also call in a couple different real estate agents for a free market value of the property. Hopefully, they are good, experienced and honest.  You sometimes will have an agent give you an inflated price because they are hoping you will list with them and they figure they can always get a price break once you have a contract with them.

Hire an appraiser or ask a Realtor to do a competitive market analysis. If you want a general idea you can do a Virtual Market Analysis in your area online. Use a search engine to find a good one.

Please hire an appraiser.I am really getting board reading about all the poor value zestimates. I just want to see someone write on Zillow that they got an appraisal that was fair and they are now putting their house on the market. That is my wish for Feb. 2012.

I agree with Kathryn to hire an appraiser to get a real true value. There are other resources such as Cyberhomes from Fidelity National Financial. You can find comps, get charts, maps, and graphs.
 Another site you can try is Domania. Domania will send you the market value of your home as determined by local realtors. Note: You need to provide contact info to get your report.
Lastly, RealQuest.com. Basics include: Property Detail Report, Comparable Sales, Parcel Map/Assessor Map, Street Map, Neighborhood Information, Legal and Vesting, Automated Valuation (AVM), Transaction History, Custom Searches, and Flood Maps

Actually, the best way to determine the current market value of your home is to hire a licensed appraiser.