Profile picture for alvaromorales

Where can I find a broker in Miami, FL that works with AFR (American Financial Resources)?

My wife has very, very good credit. I do not (just below 600). We live in Miami, Florida and they are using the lowest score to see if they will provide us with a loan or not. She makes the higher wage between the two us but we cannot afford the house we want with just her income. I've enrolled with Transunion, Experian and Equifax and I've been monitoring my score for quite some time. I've paid off all creditors and have no debts. We have been building up my wife's score, but her history is only three years old while mine is 9+. However, in this case it doesn't matter because most lenders are still looking at my bad score. We don't mind paying a higher interest and then re-financing years later. But we are having a hard time finding someone who will take a chance. We make great income, but not enough for her to purchase the house on her own.Does anybody know of a lender that will provide us with a home loan based on our challenge?

• March 31 2010 - Downtown

Hello Alvaro:

I see you posted this question some time ago.  Were you able to find a lender to provide financing?  If you are still in need of assistance, I can recommend a reputable Mortgage Broker who may be able to assist you.
Feel free to contact me directly for fastest response. K.orourke@kw.com

Sincerely,
Kevin

Hamp,

He was looking for someone that works at or with (American Financial Resources).

Whenever I am looking for company contacts.... I start with google!

If I knew everything I would have had a contact.

alvaro
It sounds like your score may be low because you don't have any current debt that you are managing properly. Unfortunately, having no current debt, combined with a past history of marginal debt management, is nearly the worst scenario, for scoring. The only worse problem, would be recently defaulting on your debts.

The three bureaus offer credit score simulators that will help you determine how to raise your score. Play with them, and try to do what is beneficial.

I don't know everything there is to know about all things credit and mortgage related, like Andrew, but I think you can help yourself by using the resources offered at the bureaus. If you're going the Google route, Google Credit Score Simulator, and see what you come up with. And, I'm sorry about the lack of answers, and the callousness of the expert(s). Call me if you need to. I have contacts in Fla that may be able to help.

It's a pretty good place to start...You can go directlty to them and find a local loan officer!

Profile picture for alvaromorales
Of course I've heard of Google. That's normally not the most reliable place to find the information I was looking for. Thank you.

Have you heard of Google?